Nedinsco was founded in 1921 by Carl Zeiss Jena, which had then already been a world leader in precision optics for more than a century. The activities started in Vlissingen, but the company soon moved to Venlo. The new building in the province of Limburg was completed in 1928. The company has been privately owned since 1953.
With the start of the Nederlandse Instrumenten Compagnie (Nedinsco) in Venlo, Carl Zeiss Jena was able to design and produce high-quality optical equipment in the 1920s and 1930s. For example rangefinders, periscopes, signal lamps, measurement and fire-control systems and medical equipment. Nedinsco moved into Venlo’s first skyscraper, popularly – and still today – known as the Nedinsco Tower. After World War II, the 34-meter tower was taken over by the former Nederlandse Beheersinstituut (Dutch State Management Institute). The surrounding factory buildings had been extensively damaged by the heavy bombing of the Maasbrug bridge in Venlo.
Trade Port West
Nedinsco was acquired by the entrepreneur G. Beusker in 1953. He rebuilt the factory and specialized in optical, mechanical and electrical technologies. Electronics and software were later added to the company’s portfolio. A new factory was built in 2007 on the Trade Port West Venlo industry park, next to the A67 highway. The Beusker family remains the owner and sole shareholder of Nedinsco today.